Laminate is often chosen as a floor covering for its main advantages – naturalness and affordable price. But, like any other coating, laminate has its drawbacks.
Many people consider laminate to be a kind of parquet. However, this is a misconception. It was developed as an affordable and functional alternative. It is also made of natural wood, but not from solid boards, but pressed sawdust. It isn’t easy to distinguish it from the parquet externally. The advantage of laminate flooring is that modern technologies allow you to transfer the pattern of any wood and other materials accurately.
Benefits Of Laminate
- Resistant to wear and tear. Withstands significant loads and pressure. Traces of heavy objects and furniture legs do not remain on the surface, and scratches and scuffs appear with difficulty. The advantage of laminate is that its density is, on average, 1.5 times higher than that of wood. Therefore, it has high impact resistance.
- Moisture resistance. Due to the presence of impregnation from resins and high-density boards, it acquires significant strength to moisture.
- Underfloor heating compatibility. The laminate flooring, marked with the appropriate label on the packaging, is suitable for installing underfloor heating systems.
- No, squeaks. The modern locking system eliminates floor creaks with differences of up to 2 mm.
- Ease of maintenance. The advantage of laminate is that it does not need special care; it does not need to be sanded like solid wood or parquet. It is enough to wipe it with a damp cloth and avoid water penetration inside.
- The composition includes natural ingredients that are entirely harmless and environmentally friendly. The material does not cause allergies, does not lend itself to the growth of mold and pathogenic bacteria. Products of European manufacturers are treated with anti-allergenic and antibacterial substances to increase safety.
- Variety of designs. Manufacturers offer floors with various decorative patterns and textures like the magnetic laminate, which will be in harmony with wallpaper, walls, or furniture. From the assortment, you can choose a coating that fits perfectly into the interior of your home.
- Ease of styling. Unlike linoleum and HPL Thailand, parquet, and solid wood, the advantage of laminate is its ease of installation. All work can be done independently, having previously studied the features of the installation.